Applied Science Degrees
NSC's Career and Technical Education programs offer three types of Associates degrees, two of which will transfer directly to a bachelor’s degree programs.
1.) Associate of Applied Science (AAS) degree. The AAS degree does not require that you take transfer level English and Math classes and is designed for students who are not going to transfer to a baccalaureate program. Students in an AAS program may often specialize in a specific skills set or trade.
2.) Associate of Applied Science – Transfer (AAS-T) degree. The AAS-T degree is designed for students who intent to transfer to specific baccalaureate programs including one of NSC’s three Bachelor’s degrees: International Business, Application Development, Early Childhood Education and Property Management. The AAS-T is designed to transfer to Washington State’s Bachelors of Applied Science Degrees, Evergreen University’s “upside down degree” or Western Governors University business degree. The degree requires transfer level English and Math classes.
Applied Science Degrees
- These degrees are designed to prepare students for an entry-level position in the workforce within 1-2 years and do not typically transfer to a university. Students planning to continue their education at a university should complete one of the transfer degrees.
- AAS: Healthcare Technology Management
- Accounting AAS
- Accounting AAS-T
- Architectural Engineering Drafting AAS
- Associate of Fine Arts Degree: Art
- Early Childhood Education AAS
- Electronics Engineering Technology AAS-T
- Electronics Technology AAS
- General Business AAS
- General Business AAS-T
- Industrial Power and Control Associate AS
- IT Controlled Electronic Systems AAS
- Mechatronics AAS
- Medical Assisting AAS Degree
- Network & Server Administration AAS
- Pharmacy Technician AAS
- Programming & IT Network Support AAS-T
- Real Estate AAS
- Watch Technology Institute AAS
- **This program requires dual-admittance.
- **Students must be accepted in both the IP and NSC Watch Technology Institute departments.
North Seattle College offers 30+ certificate programs for students seeking practical career training in high demand fields. These certificate programs can be completed within one to two years.
- Accounting Achievement Certificate
- Advanced Design for Manufacturing
- Architecture Engineering Drafting Certificate
- Aviation Electronics I: Wire Assembly Certificate
- Aviation Electronics II: Electronics Technician Certificate
- Avionics Technician Certificate
- Bookkeeping Certificate in Accounting
- Building Information Modeling Certificate
- Certificate of Fine Arts: Art
- Certificate of Fine Arts: Jewelry Design (CJD)
- Cisco Certified Network Associate Certificate
- Computer-Aided Design (CAD) for Design and Construction Certificate
- Electronics Technology Certificate
- Emergency Department Technician Certificate
- Emergency Medical Technician Certificate
- Early Childhood Education Initial State Certificate
- Early Childhood Education Short Specialization Certificate
- Industrial Automation and Electronic Controls Certificate
- IT Controlled Electronics Systems Certificate
- Linux UNIX Networking and Security Certificate
- Medical Assisting Certificate
- Medical Office Administration Certificate
- Network & Server Administration Certificate
- Pharmacy Technician Certificate
- Property Management Certificate
- Real Estate Certificate
- State Early Childhood Education Certificate
- Sustainable and Conventional Energy and Control Technology Certificate
- Web Application Technologies Certificate
- Windows Network Administration Certificate
- Watch Technology Certificate
Review the full list of Eligible Certificate Programs currently offered.