Get a head start on your education! Earn a Washington state high school diploma AND an Associate degree at the same time through NSC’s High School Completion Plus Program.
- Must be 16 years or older by the start of the first quarter of enrollment
- Submit original transcripts from previous high school
- Completed the equivalent of the U.S. tenth grade in your home country with a minimum of a B (or 80 point) average.
- You must complete all course requirements for an Associate of Art, Associate of Science or Associate in Business degree.
- Complete History - HIST&146 or Political Science POLS&202 and History - HIST&214. Students will complete these classes as part of their 90 credits Associate's degree curriculum.
- Complete High School and Beyond Plan.
- Take the ACT Plus Writing test and meet the minimum required scores:
- Minimum ACT Scores
- Mathematics: 16
- English Language Arts (ELA): 14*
- Science (Biology): 16
Meet with your academic advisor to apply for graduation and meet with your high school completion advisor to apply for your high school diploma.
High School Completion Plus information sessions and resume and cover letter writing workshops are offered every quarter. We strongly encourage students to attend these workshops before their last quarter!
*Students who are 21 and older do not need to complete the special requirements of the High School Completion Plus program and can apply for the high school diploma once they complete their Associate degree.