North Seattle College is authorized under Federal law to enroll nonimmigrant alien students.
As an international student on non-immigrant visa status, it is your responsibility to follow the appropriate regulations during your stay in the U.S. If you fail to comply with these regulations, you will be "out of status."
Being out of status means you are no longer eligible for on-campus employment, re-entry to the U.S., or any other benefits of F-1 status. Please attend orientation. If you have questions or concerns about any immigration matters, the International Programs staff will be happy to help.
The following are considered violations of your F-1 status
- Failure to report to North's initial registration in SEVIS upon arrival
- Failure to maintain full-time registration with a minimum of 12 credits/quarter
- Failure to apply for a Program Extension if you need more time to complete your current program
- Failure to obtain a new I-20 if you change your major
- Failure to report address change to the IP office within 10 days of moving
- Illegal employment