Online Application (Applicant Type: New Student)
If this is your first time applying to study in the U.S., you will apply as a New applicant.
If you are currently in the U.S. with a nonimmigrant visa other than F-1/M-1, you will apply as a New applicant.
Please check Other Visa Categories to see if you are eligible to study.
International Admissions will process applications submitted up to 5 quarters / 15 months in advance.
Required Application Materials for New Applicants:
- Student ID Number (Required if currently attending Washington State school)
- Completed IP Online application, Paper application or Return Student Form
- $50 application fee (non-refundable; application fee is waived for NSC Returning and Alumni Students)
- $50 express mail fee (required if acceptance materials must be mailed)
- Passport (must be valid within the next 6 months)
- Financial Statement, dated within the last 6 months, showing sufficient funds are available: Intensive English Program (IEP/ESL): $24,500 USD; Academic/College-Level: $24,500 USD; Bachelor of Applied Science (BAS): $33,200 USD
- Underage Forms (required for students under 18 years old)
- High school transcripts from 10th grade onward (required for students under 18 years old; documents must be English-translated; to view minimum grade required, please see IP High School Completion Plus flyer)
If you are currently in the U.S. with a nonimmigrant visa other than F-1/M-1, you will also need to submit:
- Nonimmigrant visa
- I-94 and Travel History
If you are an applicant with dependents, you will also need to submit:
- Photo page of dependent passport(s)
- Financial statement must show an additional $3,000 USD per dependent
Application materials can be submitted via email, mail, or in-person. If sent via email, please scan and attach all application materials into one email, and state the applicant’s full name and date of birth.
Mail: North Seattle College International Programs, 9600 College Way North, Seattle WA 98103 USA
In-person: The International Programs Office is located on the 2nd floor of the College Center Building, in room 2357, across from the Financial Aid office.
Once the application is complete and the student is admitted, our office will prepare the I-20 acceptance packet. Creation of an I-20 acceptance packet takes around 1-3 business days. The I-20 acceptance packet can either be picked up in-person or mailed out.
NOTE: According to the Department of Homeland Security, the I-20 form must be sent directly to the student, his or her dependents, or, for minors, to the parent or guardian. Please ensure that the mailing address provided belongs to one of these individuals.
$50 express mail fee (non-refundable) is required.
FedEx overseas shipments normally arrive within 3-5 business days, while US deliveries with USPS usually take 3-10 business days.
NOTE: If you need a copy of a previous I-20 form issued by North Seattle College, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. However, please be aware that we cannot guarantee availability of student documents. If you lost your original I-20 form, please request a reprint through the Student Portal. You will need a photo ID to pick up your new copy from the International Programs Office. You can also request your new copy to be mailed to you via the Student Portal, by choosing “Immigration Requests” à “Shipping Request”.