Online Application (Applicant Type: Transfer Student)
F-1/M-1 visa Transfer:
If you have an F-1 or M-1 visa and are planning on transferring to North Seattle College to study full-time, you will need to apply as a Transfer applicant.
Required Application materials for Transfer Applicants:
- Student ID Number (Required if currently attending Washington State school)
- Completed IP Online application, Paper application or Return Student Form
- $50 application fee (non-refundable)
- $50 express mail fee (required if acceptance materials must be mailed)
- Passport (must be valid within the next 6 months)
- Financial Statement, dated within the last 6 months, showing sufficient funds are available: Intensive English Program (IEP/ESL): $24,500 USD; Academic/College-Level: $24,500 USD; Bachelor of Applied Science (BAS): $33,200 USD
- Underage Forms (required for students under 18 years old)
- High school transcripts from 10th grade onward (required for students under 18 years old; documents must be English-translated; to view minimum grade required, please see IP High School Completion Plus flyer)
- I-20 form from current U.S. school
- Unofficial/official transcript or progress reports from current U.S. school
- F-1 visa
- I-94 and Travel History
- Transfer Verification (Instructions)
Application materials can be submitted via email, mail, or in-person. If sent via email, please scan and attach all application materials into one email, and state the applicant’s full name and date of birth.
Mail: North Seattle College International Programs, 9600 College Way North, Seattle WA 98103 USA
In-person: The International Programs Office is located on the 2nd floor of the College Center Building, in room 2357, across from the Financial Aid office.
If your SEVIS record is active and eligible for transfer
Your NSC transfer acceptance letter will be created and emailed to you. The original letter will be available for pick up at our front office. Also, after you have informed us of your SEVIS record release date, we will be able to issue your new North Seattle College I-20 form. Creation of I-20 form takes around 1-3 business days, and it can be either picked up in-person or mailed out.
If your SEVIS record is no longer in status
You will be required to complete re-entry before your intended quarter begins. Your NSC transfer acceptance letter and new initial I-20 form will available for pick up at front office.
NOTE: According to the Department of Homeland Security, the I-20 form must be sent directly to the student, his or her dependents, or, for minors, to the parent or guardian. Please ensure that the mailing address provided belongs to one of these individuals.
$50 express mail fee (non-refundable) is required.
FedEx overseas shipments normally arrive within 3-5 business days, while US deliveries with USPS usually take 3-10 business days.
NOTE: If you need a copy of a previous I-20 form issued by North Seattle College, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. However, please be aware that we cannot guarantee availability of student documents. If you lost your original I-20 form, please request a reprint through the Student Portal. You will need a photo ID to pick up your new copy from the International Programs Office. You can also request your new copy to be mailed to you via the Student Portal, by choosing “Immigration Requests” à “Shipping Request”.