NSC does not require the TOEFL or IELTS test scores. However, if you have official test scores with the minimum described below, you are eligible for direct placement into English 101 or developmental English classes.
- TOEFL IBT Score (ETS Code: 4554)
- 72-73 (no section below 18): English 101
- 64-71 (no section below 17): English 99/101
- 64-71 (no section below 15): English 98
- IELTS Score
- 6.0 (no section below 5.5): English 101
- 6.0 (no section below 5.0): English 99/101
- 5.5 (no section below 5.0): English 98
If your scores do not meet the above requirements, you will need to talk to the IP office about what placement test that you are required to take.
There are two kinds of tests for international students. The first is the College Success Test that evaluates your English skills and places you in one of six levels of the IEP program. You must show your passport to take the College Success test. No other forms of ID are accepted.
If you pass the IEP Placement Test, you will take the college-level English/math placement test, which is the placement test for college-level classes. To waive the test, you must have qualifying TOEFL/IELTS scores or a transcript from another U.S. college or university with a score of 2.0 (C) or better in English 101.