New Student Orientation
New Student Orientation (NSO) is required for all new international students attending North Seattle College. Students are required to report on the first day of NSO and attend on all listed dates. Please plan your travel so that you can attend the full orientation.
Below are the dates for New Student Orientation for this year:
- Spring 2020 - March 30th - April 3rd
- Summer 2020 - June 22nd - June 26th
- Fall 2020- September xx - September xx
Before attending NSO Pre-Arrival Check-In is required.
- Pre-Arrival Check-In
After the Pre-Arrival check in is complete please bring these items to the first day of NSO:
- Local U.S. address
During NSO the following are some of the activities that will take place:
- Placement tests
- Campus tour
- Register for classes with an advisor
- Seminars to learn about the following:
- * Important immigration policies and rules
- * Important IEP and College Policies
- * Health and Safety
- * Opening an American bank account
- * Information on public transportation and how to get a bus card
- * International student health insurance
- * Services available on the North Seattle College campus
- * Information about Seattle
- * Get any questions you have answered
- Free lunch!
- Meet new friends!